Scientific degree: PhD
1997-2002 Moscow State University of Geodesy and Cartography, Cartographic faculty, Specialty – Digital Cartography
2002-2006 PhD student of Moscow State University of Geodesy and Cartography,
2006 PhD defense “Development of methodology to generalize settlements, linear elements of hydrology and road networks on the topographic maps”
2016 – present time – Researcher at the Center for Forest Ecology and Productivity of the Russian Academy of Sciences (CEPF RAS)
- Transportation task for ground access of special firefighting vehicles in the forest fires management;
- GIS-analysis and transport accessibility;
- Using ArcGIS and QGIS for automation of GIS-projects.
- Ekaterina S. Podolskaia, Konstantin A. Kovganko, Dmitriy V. Ershov. (2019) Regional geoinformation modeling of ground access to the forest fires in Russia, Advs. Geographic Inf. Sci., Vasily Popovich et al. (Eds.) Information Fusion and Intelligent Geographic Information Systems, 978-3-030-31607-5, pp. 155-165.
- Podolskaia, E., Ershov, D., and Kovganko, K.: GIS-analysis of ground transport accessibility of fire stations at regional scale, Abstr. Int. Cartogr. Assoc., 1, 301, 2019.
- Ekaterina S. Podolskaia, Konstantin A. Kovganko, Dmitriy V. Ershov. Regional geoinformation modelling of ground access to the forest fires in Russia//The 9th International Symposium on Information Fusion and Intelligent Geographical Information Systems (IF&GIS), May 2019.
- Podolskaia E.S., KovgankoK.A., ErshovD.V., Shulyak P.P., Suchkov A.I. Using of transport network model to estimate travelling time and distance for ground access a forest fire. Original Russian Text © 2019, published in Forest Science Issues Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 1-24. DOI 10.31509/2658-607x-2019-2-2-1-22.